Happy New Year! I hope you all had a lovely Christmas and that the beginning of the year is going well for you. I realise that I completely failed in the run up to Christmas. Life took over and unfortunately my blog took a back seat. However, I'm back at it so fingers crossed I can get myself back in a routine.
Today I thought I'd share with you my 'Goals for 2017.' This seems to be a bit of a trend this year, not resolutions but goals. I prefer it I think. It seems less pressure in a strange way!
Anyway, I decided to do things a little differently to begin with. I kept seeing lots of people choosing a word as their main inspiration for the year and basing their year around it. I have chosen the word 'focus.' For me, 2016 was a year where I felt lost. A year where a lot of things changed and some I had no control over and even if I did, I had no idea what to do. So this year I have decided to 'focus' on a number of things but to perhaps find that part of me that feels secure and in control of my life. I might discuss this further at some point in another post but I didn't feel like I could only have a word! I still needed some goals to help me achieve that 'focus.'
- Exercise more - probably on most people's goals/resolution lists! The hubby and I have been debating whether to try the 'Couch to 5K' programme....we will see! I would like to do some more HIIT workouts, I enjoy watching Lucy Wydham on YouTube so might start off with those and then see if we can work up to the 'Couch to 5K' challenge between us! I just want to get into a realistic routine of exercising a few times a week and enjoy doing it. Any recommendations of any fun workouts would be great. I love to dance and so have been thinking of finding a dance class at some point later in the year...watch this space!
- Improve my job situation - this has been a huge change for me in 2016 and one that I'm still not sure what to do. We are getting by but I need to make some important decisions, 'focus' on what I want to do and start working towards it.
- Take time to 'self-care' and 'do more for me' - this might sound quite selfish but I know I don't do this enough. Since becoming a Mum, I have really struggled to get the balance back in my life, all I am at the moment is a Mummy, and as much as I love that and feel extremely blessed, I know that it is not healthy for me to not do things for myself and by myself sometimes. So I am really going to work on this in 2017.
- Improve my skincare routine - to be honest it is pretty non-existent at the moment! I have been dabbling a lot more in make-up and got lots for Christmas so I want to be able to play around and it not completely ruin my skin! Plus, I am 34 this year and really need to be taking more care of it. Hoping to try out a few products to improve this over the next few months and settle into a night time routine to rectify this.
- De-clutter the house - or continue to do this! I feel like I am starting to make a dent now. We still have a lot of clutter and things that we can donate or dispose of but I'm glad that I'm feeling a bit more motivated about it again rather than feeling too overwhelmed with it all. Might share a little more of this with you at some point.
- Commit to my writing on a weekly basis - I love to write and have a few projects on the go at the moment but none are currently getting my full attention. I really want 2017 to be the year where I 'focus' on my writing, decide the direction I want it to go in and also complete at least one of my current projects.
- Read more - this is always on my goals list for the year but this year I want to make a real effort to read different genres. Push myself out of my comfort zone, something I'm always encouraging my students to do!
- Finally, to enjoy life and make more memories as a family - pretty self-explanatory but I really want to spend more time and make more memories with my little family and document it so that I can look back and enjoy reliving the moment in a few years time.
I think that is enough to be getting on with! Some of them are things that I've been working on for a while but hoping that my word 'focus' will help me to achieve them in 2017!
I would love to hear what your 2017 goals are if you would like to share in the comments.
Thanks for popping by!