Saturday, 14 January 2017

Goals for 2017

Hi All
Image result for 2017

Happy New Year! I hope you all had a lovely Christmas and that the beginning of the year is going well for you. I realise that I completely failed in the run up to Christmas. Life took over and unfortunately my blog took a back seat. However, I'm back at it so fingers crossed I can get myself back in a routine.

Today I thought I'd share with you my 'Goals for 2017.' This seems to be a bit of a trend this year, not resolutions but goals. I prefer it I think. It seems less pressure in a strange way!

Image result for focus

Anyway, I decided to do things a little differently to begin with. I kept seeing lots of people choosing a word as their main inspiration for the year and basing their year around it. I have chosen the word 'focus.' For me, 2016 was a year where I felt lost. A year where a lot of things changed and some I had no control over and even if I did, I had no idea what to do. So this year I have decided to 'focus' on a number of things but to perhaps find that part of me that feels secure and in control of my life. I might discuss this further at some point in another post but I didn't feel like I could only have a word! I still needed some goals to help me achieve that 'focus.'
Image result for goals for 2017

  1. Exercise more - probably on most people's goals/resolution lists! The hubby and I have been debating whether to try the 'Couch to 5K' programme....we will see! I would like to do some more HIIT workouts, I enjoy watching Lucy Wydham on YouTube so might start off with those and then see if we can work up to the 'Couch to 5K' challenge between us! I just want to get into a realistic routine of exercising a few times a week and enjoy doing it. Any recommendations of any fun workouts would be great. I love to dance and so have been thinking of finding a dance class at some point later in the year...watch this space!
  2. Improve my job situation - this has been a huge change for me in 2016 and one that I'm still not sure what to do. We are getting by but I need to make some important decisions, 'focus' on what I want to do and start working towards it.
  3. Take time to 'self-care' and 'do more for me' - this might sound quite selfish but I know I don't do this enough. Since becoming a Mum, I have really struggled to get the balance back in my life, all I am at the moment is a Mummy, and as much as I love that and feel extremely blessed, I know that it is not healthy for me to not do things for myself and by myself sometimes. So I am really going to work on this in 2017.
  4. Improve my skincare routine - to be honest it is pretty non-existent at the moment! I have been dabbling a lot more in make-up and got lots for Christmas so I want to be able to play around and it not completely ruin my skin! Plus, I am 34 this year and really need to be taking more care of it. Hoping to try out a few products to improve this over the next few months and settle into a night time routine to rectify this.
  5. De-clutter the house - or continue to do this! I feel like I am starting to make a dent now. We still have a lot of clutter and things that we can donate or dispose of but I'm glad that I'm feeling a bit more motivated about it again rather than feeling too overwhelmed with it all. Might share a little more of this with you at some point.
  6. Commit to my writing on a weekly basis - I love to write and have a few projects on the go at the moment but none are currently getting my full attention. I really want 2017 to be the year where I 'focus' on my writing, decide the direction I want it to go in and also complete at least one of my current projects.
  7. Read more - this is always on my goals list for the year but this year I want to make a real effort to read different genres. Push myself out of my comfort zone, something I'm always encouraging my students to do!
  8. Finally, to enjoy life and make more memories as a family - pretty self-explanatory but I really want to spend more time and make more memories with my little family and document it so that I can look back and enjoy reliving the moment in a few years time.
I think that is enough to be getting on with! Some of them are things that I've been working on for a while but hoping that my word 'focus' will help me to achieve them in 2017!

I would love to hear what your 2017 goals are if you would like to share in the comments.

Thanks for popping by!
xx

2 comments:

  1. That is pretty much my new years resolutions as well :-) I tried the C25k app last summer and it worked for me a while..but I discovered that I will never become a running person *lol* But I lost some weight in the process so it was worth all the hard work. Now I exercise with Jessica Smith's work out videos on youtube. She has so many to choose from. Looking forward to follow your blog this year :-) xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yep, not sure I'm a running person either but hoping it will get me going! Ooh will check her out. You too hun, hopefully I'm getting back in my stride now!x

    ReplyDelete